Reading through the FHIR implementation guide I noticed the following about Endpoint Resolution.
Clients SHALL perform a sequence of query operations against existing Spine services to enable FHIR endpoint resolution.
1. Clients SHALL perform (or have previously performed) a PDS lookup for a patient.
1. Using the PDS results the client SHALL determine the patient’s primary GP organisation.
2. Clients SHALL perform (or have previously performed) a SDS lookup using the ODS code of the patient’s primary GP organisation.
1. Using the SDS results the client SHALL determine the Principle GP system responsible for hosting the most up to date GP care record.
1. EMIS Health
3. Clients SHALL construct a FHIR Service Root URL suitable for access to a GP vendor’s FHIR server.
TODO: check if this is correct or if we will be resolving the endpoint from Spine using some other mechanism.
I am wondering why there is the need to perform mandatory SDS and PDS lookups? If you have alternative ways of identifying this information would this not be sufficient?
Any information on this would be appreciated.